Monday, January 29, 2007

Collaboration

I've been working on the second Mythaca book a couple hours a day again after letting it sit for a few months. I like it, and it's exciting to be back in that world.

Yesterday it occurred to me that it would be fun to add a collaborative effort to the new book, too. The drawings I'm getting for the first Mythaca book are so charming, and seeing the children light up when I talk about putting them into the hardcover edition is such a pleasure.

The first book was very much a collaboration for about the first 100 pages. I'm considering posting the second book in chapters somewhere, probably on the Journey to Mythaca website, and inviting suggestions for what should happen next and even new characters. Every creature in the council in Journey to Mythaca was the invention of a child in my class.

So, why not?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home