Saturday, August 13, 2005

Truffles

I've begun thinking about Christmas. Actually, I've been thinking about it for several weeks, and now I've begun working on it.

truffle tree

My plan is to work out the recipes for a series of exotic truffles: jasmine, bergamot, espresso, lavender, cardamom, and so on, and perfect them between now and November. Then I'll arrange them in round boxes - in mandalas - and sell a few in the cafe and the rest by special order.

The project appeals to me much more than the routine production I usually do. This week I started making the new flavors with a spicy experiment. I tried chile, cayenne, and black pepper with and without mint, in mini-truffles that the staff sampled. The clear winner was the mint-cayenne combination, so I made thirty of them and set them out for the customers. We'll see what kind of feedback I get.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful! We look forward to trying some next time we visit.

9:12 AM  
Blogger BeckoningChasm said...

That's...really pretty. Great art, and yet ephemeral art as well, as (one hopes) the truffles will eventually be consumed.

And it also fits in with the general Christmas spirit of candy, trees and such. Good work.

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home